Located 2 miles west of California on Hwy. 50
Winged Sprint Rules
The spirit and intent of these rules is to keep down the cost of racing, NOT to guarantee safety.
Cars may be inspected and teched at any time upon entering the pit area.
1. CHASSIS: Any sprint type chassis allowed but must pass safety inspection by safety inspector. Roll cage bars must be a minimum of 1 3/8″ OD with minimum of .095 wall thickness. Rear engine cars NOT allowed.
2. WHEEL BASE: Minimum wheel base 83 inches, maximum 90 inches.
3. CARBURETION: Any carburetor allowed. Maximum inside diameter of the injector stack is 2 3/16 inches. Larger injectors my be used but sleeves a minimum of 3 inches in length must be installed in stacks above the butterflies. NO down nozzles. NO superchargers. NO turbo chargers.
4. TIRES: Either Hoosier 105-16-15 medium or Hoosier 105-18-15 Hard must be used on the right rear. Any driver competing with illegal tire is subject to loss of all money and points for that race night and possible suspension.
5. WHEELS: Steel or aluminum wheels allowed. Bead locks are recommended on all wheels.
6. WINGS: Top wing is mandatory. Top wing maximum of 25 square feet with side panel 30 inches tall maximum and 72 inches in length. Nose wing optional maximum of 6 square feet.
No wicker bill allowed on center foil.
7. BUMPERS: Rear bumpers and nerf bars must be steel.
8. DRIVE SHAFT: Torque tube must be fully enclosed. Drive shaft loop or restraint strap is mandatory.
9. BRAKES: minimum of three wheel workable hydraulic brakes. In board brakes allowed. No carbon fiber rotors allowed.
10. SEAT BELTS: Competition seat belt and shoulder harness straps at least 3 inches wide. Sub straps and arm restraints recommended. Seat belts recommended to be not over 2 years old.
11. DRIVING SUIT: Fire retardant driver suit is MANDATORY. Fire retardant gloves, shoes, socks, hood and underwear are highly recommended.
12. FUEL CELL: Fuel cell with Bladder is Mandatory.
13. FUEL: Alcohol ONLY. No additives allowed except upper cylinder lube (oil).
14. ENGINE: Iron blocks only - NO aluminum blocks. Any head allowed. Engine can be maximum size of 360 cubic inches plus 1% maximum displacement. (360 + 1% = 363.6). Engine cubic inches will be checked with a cubic inch tester. Double-X Speedway track officials reserve the right to check any engine at any time. If driver and/or owner does not allow the engine to be checked, it will be automatically considered illegal. If driver and/or owner believes the cubic inch tester to be wrong, he/she has the right to remove the heads to prove its legality. If the engine tests legal, the track promoter will pay UP TO $100 for head and manifold gasket replacement. Driver and/or owner will forfeit all money and points for that race night and may be subject to suspension if the engine is proven illegal.
15. PROTEST: Any driver in the feature race, finishing on the lead lap will have the right to protest any engine competing in the same event who is also on the lead lap. DRIVER only, making the protest must post $300 cash with a designated track official or Promoter within 5 minutes of the feature race to make the protest legal. If protested engine is found to be legal, the driver making the protest will lose the $300. If protested engine is proven to be illegal the $300 will be returned to the protestor. If driver and/or owner refuse inspection or is found to have an illegal car, he will lose all points, money, and trophies won that night and may be suspended for two (2) race nights. Protester AND his car (BOTH) must be off the track in order to make a protest!! This means DO NOT stop on the track to file a protest, it will not be honored. NOTE: if the proper equipment is on hand, and inspector is available, time permits, and/or circumstances allow, a driver or owner may request that the cubic inch size of their engine be tested for legality while the engine is cool IF the cubic inch size of the engine has been tested while cool and has been proven legal, a driver/owner may avoid a “tear-down” that night for the purpose of checking cubic inch size. However, this remains at the discretion of the promoter and/or inspector.
16. BODY: Must be of any Sprint car appearance. Minimum 10 inch vertical opening on right side of cockpit.
17. NO traction control devices.
18. NO mechanical adjustments from inside the car, including shock, weight jacks.
19. OPENING NIGHT: All cars may be inspected. After opening night, all new cars may be inspected before being allowed to race. It will be at the discretion of the tech inspector, director of competition and/or promoters on new cars coming after opening night as to whether car division rules are met and the car is allowed to compete.
20. The top 4 finishers in the feature event must immediately report to the tech area behind the front wall after the checkered flag or they may be disqualified and lose all money, points, and trophies for that night.
21. Single file restarts will be on front stretch with a cone.
ALL DRIVERS must have registered, read & signed all waivers, and paid their
registration fee prior to participating in any event.
èDecisions of the Director of Competition, Tech Inspector and/or Promoters are final and binding without exception.
These rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events and all those participating in such events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY shall result from such alteration of specification. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the track officials. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL!!
PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK